Bibliography on Bereavement
- Living Beyond Loss: Death in the Family by Walsh, Fromma & McGoldrick, Monica (2004)
Second Edition. NY: W.W. Norton. This is a well-written book whose greatest value is putting the subject of loss in a cultural context.
- Children’s Reactions to the Death of a Parent by Worden, J (1993)
Article in Bereavement: A Sourcebook of Research Intervention. Strobe, M., Stroebe, W., & Hanson, R.. (Eds.), England: Cambridge University Press.
- Continuing Bonds: A New Understanding of Grief by Silverman, P., Klass, D., Nickman, S (1966)
Washington, D.C.: Taylor and Francis.
- Parental Death in Childhood by Samuels, A. (1998)
Article in Childhood Bereavement and Its Aftermath, Madison, CT: International Universities Press.
- Bereavement: Reactions, Consequences, and Care by Osterweis, M. et al. (Eds.) (1984)
Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Bereaved Children and Teens: A Support Guide for Parents and Professionals by Grollman, Earl A., Ed. (1996)
Boston: Beacon Press.
- Motherless Daughters: The Legacy of Loss by Edelman, Hope (2006)
Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, Perseus Books Group. ISBN-13: 978-0-7382-1026-1 (paperback), 978-0-465-05653-9
- Parentally Bereaved Children: Factors Associated with Psychosocial Adjustment by Cain, A., Kalter, N., et al.
- Parental Death and Psychological Development by Berlinsky, E.B. and Biller, H.B. (1992)
Lexington, MA: Lexington Books.
- Childhood Bereavement and Its Aftermath by Altschul, S (1998)
Madison, CT: International Universities Press. (Barr-Harris staff contributed to this publication.)